Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Watch 6 LTE US version can not use in UK

jaivikp
Investigator
Investigator

Hi

I got a present while, I was in the states which was the Samsung Watch 6 LTE version and when I came back to the UK. I thought I connect it with the esim. It told me to contact Samsung. Samsung said the watch was fine and unlocked to use. 

EE say the watch build is a US version so it won't work. Which does not make sense as they sell a Samsung watch S6 them self, which is a European version. 

Surely the US version should work just like a mobile which is unlocked works all around the world. 

Any one know a fix to this.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @jaivikp 

Welcome to the community.

I've had a look around the Samsung community forums and the general answer is that the software on the Samsung watches are regional, so a Watch bought in the US may not be compatible with European networks. I'm not sure if there is a solution to this, but it may be worth asking on that Samsung forum.

Chris

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @jaivikp 

Welcome to the community.

I've had a look around the Samsung community forums and the general answer is that the software on the Samsung watches are regional, so a Watch bought in the US may not be compatible with European networks. I'm not sure if there is a solution to this, but it may be worth asking on that Samsung forum.

Chris

Then why has samsung selling LTE versions if you can not use it around the world. Just like a European version you won't be able to use in the US. 

It's actually useless. Not point buying one.

@jaivikp  Using around the world is called roaming and EE do not support roaming on any smart watch.    

Samsung just like Apple make their watches for each region, they don’t make a global device,   The modem of the device has to support the bandwidths for the location it’s made for,  so to have a small modem ie in a watch it has to have limitations.  

THIS  is for the watch 4 ( I can not find the watch 6 list ).   But as you can see the US watches do not support  B1 B3 B7 and B20 as these are the bandwidths that EE use to provide you with a 4G connection and they don’t need to as those bandwidths aren’t used in the US. 
 The watches like phones are made for each region and purchasing a device not from the region it was intended for can cause connection issues.      

BrendonH
Community Hero
Community Hero

If you are confident enough you can install the European software onto the device.

But there is a risk you could brick the watch rendering it useless.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Google Pixel 8 Pro Obsidian Black (Android 14)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below

@jaivikp wrote:

Then why has samsung selling LTE versions if you can not use it around the world

As explained above, 4G is operated on different frequency bands in different countries. You can query Samsung's product range at https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/