Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Unlocking your EE mobile phone or device

Maca
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

I've tried the unlock link for my old Alcatel OneTouch Pixi, it is older than 8yrs I think, and I want to use it as a backup.

When I input my IMEI code I get >

!Please try that again
Sorry, something went wrong on our end. Please enter your IMEI again or come back later

I have tried many times, also when I try a different sim I get   'Enter Sim ME Lock[NP] (remains 5) on the unlock screen.

6 REPLIES 6
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @Maca

Welcome to the community. 

If you are unable to complete your unlock online please get in touch with our customer care team who will be happy to help further. 

Katie

Hi again

Well, the link you provided sent me to a page with several options to get in touch. The problem is that the message option isn't working at the moment, I am on PAYG so to call 150 costs 25p but id have to top up £5 to cover the 25p, also the 07953 is outside my O2 pack allowance I think.

It seems that unlocking my phone won't actually be 'Free' as the IMEI link and the option to msg 'customer care team' are both a no-go at the moment.

Katie_B

Hi @Maca

Online chat is currently for pay monthly customers only. 

The other number provided which is 07953 is a standard mobile number, please check with O2 to confirm if this in your allowance. 

Alternatively, you can also visit your local EE Store

Katie

By online chat do you mean these forums or the Customer Care Team chat ? Why cant PAYG access the care team help if its them you mean ?

As for my local store,they only show intrest if your purchasing a contract phone+sim.

I still cant believe they dont sell PAYG EE topups.

Katie_B

Hi @Maca

Sorry, the online forum which is what you are currently messaging on is here for anyone to access and to ask questions.

There is no account access here on the community so we are unable to process a request for you. 

Katie

@Maca : There are many stores that sell top-ups, either directly by paying on-the-spot or as eVouchers. Look out for :untitled.png

You can also top-up at most ATMs.

EE Live Chat (not here bur on main EE website) is not available to PAYG users.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)