cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 4G - Difference Between EE and Vodafone Service

gavin18
Explorer

Hello

I have my watch connected to a Vodafone OneNumber setup and all works well. Calls, SMS and data use on my watch comes out of my phone plan. Coming up to renewal and so I'm checking out other network's offers. One difference between Vodafone and EE seems quite fundamental if I have understood it correctly, standalone watch calls/SMS. 

On Vodafone my phone can be switched off and I can still make calls/send texts on my watch. This does not seem to be true for EE. Have I got this right?

Am I right that the EE eSim watch plan is £7/month?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @gavin18 

Thanks for coming here. 

If you have a pay monthly plan on EE and are using a Samsung phone, you can purchase the 30-day rolling data plan for the watch to use a cellular connection. 

For full details please see our How do I use my Samsung Galaxy Watch 4G? Help page. 

Thanks 🙂

Leanne.

Thanks Leanne.

Please take another look at my original post and you'll see that was not the question that I asked. I have no doubt that EE can sell me an eSIM plan.

Are you able to help with this?

Kyleayres
Visitor

Hi is there an answer to this please? I have Both vodafone and EE have a Samsung Galaxy watch5 4G on route so it may be crucial to be made aware of the differences between the 2 plans.

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Kyleayres,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Calls will work when your phone us turned off, but it will need to be turned on to enable SMS on the watch.

Hope this helps.

James