Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE Repair tracking not working

AnnoyedEE1
Visitor
Read more
Gave my phone to Sutton Coldfield branch for repair

Was told would be in warranty

phone was assessed as having pressure damage whatever that is and was told that I need to paid, fine.

Tried to download from your tracker - unable to. Called Sutton Coldfield, was told there’s nothing they can do as not on system.

called Birmingham to be told that they’re the sales staff so nothing they can do

then spent over 3 hours in total to your technical team to be told that it is a £170 cost and that they are able to tell them to proceed with the repair only to be then sent an email saying they can’t do anything

requested to register a complaint several times to be told ‘there’s no complaints department’

absolutely farcical situation 

proceed with the repair and send my phone back - is it really that difficult?
4 REPLIES 4
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@AnnoyedEE1 : Of course EE has a Complaints Dept. You can make a formal complaint to EE & if you don't get satisfaction after 8 weeks you can take it to EE's ADR provider. See Complaints code of practice and here is the Complaints Form at the foot of the page.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @AnnoyedEE1 

Welcome to the community. I'm really sorry to hear of your situation. I recommend following @XRaySpeX's advice and form a complain through the website. It will then be investigated and you will be contacted.

Hope you get sorted.

Chris

AshJP
Explorer

@AnnoyedEE1 wrote:
Read more
Gave my phone to Sutton Coldfield branch for repair

Was told would be in warranty

phone was assessed as having pressure damage whatever that is and was told that I need to paid, fine.

Tried to download from your tracker - unable to. Called Sutton Coldfield, was told there’s nothing they can do as not on system.

called Birmingham to be told that they’re the sales staff so nothing they can do

then spent over 3 hours in total to your technical team to be told that it is a £170 cost and that they are able to tell them to proceed with the repair only to be then sent an email saying they can’t do anything

requested to register a complaint several times to be told ‘there’s no complaints department’

absolutely farcical situation 

proceed with the repair and send my phone back - is it really that difficult?

AshJP
Explorer

Yes that's completely correct!! I was meant to sort a same day repair out and spent 3hrs to then be told that repairs is ansub contract company and that the IT system is not working and this is on 14/10/2023!!