cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

False device orders by customer reps

majzikakos
Explorer

Hi EE, wanted to report that your teams are deliberately scamming existing customers, which is a real shame as your service otherwise superb. My wife has been called by your call center (EE number) offering upgrade on her SIM only deal. It took them 10+ calls to sort it out which was inconvenient but we thought your processes are not great. We were told not to be worried if we receive sms that a device has been added we can ignore it as its due to a system error. Monthly fee supposed to be £20. When we logged into the portal we can now see that actually your agents deliberately added a device to the contract which is now £81 per month not the £20 and we never ordered or agreed to have a phone added to the contract. We will take this to Ofcom as this is unacceptable.

3 REPLIES 3
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

How do you know it was from EE? Was it from a mobile no.? EE doesn't call you up from mobiles.

Do you always accept unsolicited calls & do business with them w/out confirming the call was genuine by calling them on a known no.?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @majzikakos,

Welcome to the EE Community.

I'm sorry to hear the wrong product has been added to you account.

This could have been done in error, or as @XRaySpeX said, it may not have been a genuine call from EE.

I'd recommend contacting Customer Care on 150 as soon as possible so one of our mobile guides can look into this for you.

Thanks

James

majzikakos
Explorer

yes we are talking to CC on 150 to sort this out. thanks