cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Birthday surprise ruined

Keeley1997
Visitor

I've been a loyal customer with EE since 1997, some 25 years. I have the whole family with EE, 4 contacts over £150 a month. It's my daughters birthday, and I wanted to upgrade to an iPhone 13 as a surprise; however, I needed to pay £45 for the pleasure early upgrade fee. Because I wanted a surprise I paid it as my daughter would never guess. I mentioned on call and asked them not to contact her, its a surprise. So on Saturday, a day earlier than when was agreed to deliver. The man from Enjoy/BT called my daughter, asking if he could come early to deliver a new phone as he was in the area. My daughters whole surprise was now ruined, and I was so upset. I called the man, and he said that he is only a contractor at 'enjoy' working for BT and the information was not on the system to only call me. The man at 'enjoy' was extremely sorry, and he said if he could wipe the early upgraded fee to apologise, he would, but he couldn't. I then phone EE for an explanation of how this had happened. The next person I spoke to was also apologetic and was truly upset that my daughters surprise had been ruined. He said he would get his manager to call as there was nothing he could do. The manager did call and was so rude. Not sympathetic at all . Offered 20 credit as a good will gesture. I then said I would be happy if you credit back the early upgrade fee of £45 as the whole point of the upgrade had been ruined. She point blank, said no, "We have provided you with the service we agreed." I then explained the 25 years, 4 contracts and loyalty not count for anything. she then told me I could always use a different provider. Hence, to say. I will sadly be leaving EE when all 4 contract come to their end. I never had such an appaulling service; she was rude and unsympathetic to my situation. Just because EE are a big company, they need to remember it's all the small people that make them big. Bye-bye EE after 25 years.

1 REPLY 1
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Keeley1997

Welcome to the community. 

I am so sorry to hear that your daughter's surprise was ruined. We do our best in situations like this to try and avoid the user from getting any notifications/phone calls, but sometimes the message doesn't get through or something automated happens to notify them.

I'm also sorry to hear of your experience that you had when speaking to one of our managers. I've sent you a private message to get some information from you.

Please have a look and get back to me.

Thanks

Chris