cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls from similar number

Marleyforlan
Investigator
Investigator

Hi.. today I received a call from a very similar number to mine just a couple end digits off.. the guy said he was returning a call I just made to him (which I hadn't) and then I told him I had not called him and he said OK no worries bye.

Thinking this was an anomaly of some sort I went on with my day.. then when I was away from my phone around an hour later another different number very similar to mine I have a missed call from.. no message left. 

I am not sure what the scam could be here..is someone else somehow using my number to call people?

223 REPLIES 223
Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @Marleyforlan.

Welcome to the community.

It's very unlikely that someone will be able to clone your number.

If this continues to happen, you could consider changing your number.

Jon

NickL1
Visitor

Identical thing happened to me this week  - same worries 

Mine stopped by themselves after a week and a half or so I just ignored them.. definitely something strange going on though

Lizzy_G
Explorer

Hi Marleyforlan

The very same thing happened to me yesterday!

I had 2 missed calls from a mobile number with only the last couple of digits different than mine. The caller didn’t leave a voicemail either.

At first glance I thought it was my own number but once I realised it was almost identical to mine I was suspicious about how this could happen.

Since I got these calls my phone display has been acting weird ( screen not responding to touch when I’m using google, keyboard moving to vertical position when I’m texting). I’ve never had these problems before!

Can anyone explain the issues I’ve been experiencing with the suspicious number calling me and the problems I’m having since then?

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Lizzy_G,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

A missed call wouldn't cause any issues with your phone's performance.

Have you tried restarting your phone to see if that improves responsiveness?

James

This also happened to me, a lady rang to say she was returning my call - from 4am!  Clearly it wasn’t from me, someone is using my number. Action required, EE!

James_B

Hi @Mrswobby,

Our Customer Care Team will be happy to look into this issue if you get in touch.

Thanks

James

Hi there,

I’ve been having the same issue since yesterday!

Number very similar to mine (apart from the last 3 digits) called twice 

and same again today - although slightly different number but again very similar to mine but with different digits at the end.

I’m worried about security or number spoofing?

can you advise? 
thank you 

James_B

Hi @Norris1,

What were the nature of the calls? Were they marketing calls?

James