cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unfair early upgrade

Jadejonesx
Explorer

Anyone else find it really unfair that ee sends out early upgrades to some customers and not others? Myself, partner, sister & mother all took out our contracts within a few days of each other. Everyone has received this message to waiver early upgrade fees except myself. Roll on July so I can leave this awful network 🙂

7 REPLIES 7
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Jadejonesx  It’s an offer not something you can depend on getting.  It’s how offers work.  

Profile closed
Not applicable

EE has become too expensive and they are indeed awful so why would you even consider an upgrade or even early upgrade. You’d be always stuck with CPI + 3.9% increases, which at the moment is around 10% increase. I’d look elsewhere. Which I also will once my term is up. 

Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Jadejonesx 

Have you tried speaking with EE CS on 150? 

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

@Profile closed  you’ll get price increases with other networks but you know that right ? . And I’m sure a different network had a 12% increase this year.  

Hi @Profile closed 

EE is no cheaper than any other network which offers the same service. People need to learn that you don't need a new handset every upgrade and that EE SIM only deals are great value. The cost comes becase of the need for a shiny new handset. 

Move out of this cycle or buy your handset separately and the cost comes down. 

As for the CPI +3.9%. EE don't control the CPI and again most carriers have the same contract terms. 

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

Bit weird though don’t you think? 

@Jadejonesx  Nope I’ve never had this offer. And I’ve been with EE since 2012/2013 and Orange before that.  it’s an offer that they choose to give, if you actually think about it they just want to to commit to another 24 month contract and they are allowing to do that by waving any cost.

It’ll also have its own T&Cs like you can only have a tariff that’s the same cost or more costly than you have now.   They’ll not just let you upgrade to a cheaper tariff.