cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to buy 7 Day EU roaming is ridiculous!

LordFarquar
Visitor

Give me strength. Talk about an impossible non-user friendly task.

it just lets you top up. Not actually getting the roaming on the link they give you.

it’s a joke. 

8 REPLIES 8
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Good morning @LordFarquar

Welcome to the community. 

Are you abroad at the moment?

Do you seen an error when trying to purchase the pass?

Katie

Dreadwombat
Explorer

having the same problem today 😕

Katie_B

Hello @Dreadwombat

Are you currently abroad?

Do you have credit on your account for purchasing the 7 day roaming pass?

Katie

Hi Katie,

yes I am abroad. I managed to find a workaround by finding the correct code to text to activate roam like home, but the problem referred to in this thread is that when selecting any roam like home add-on within the app, you get forwarded to the browser website, but the page you land on does not include the roam like home add-ons at all, neither the 24hr nor the 7 day one. You land on a page that only lists regular data add-ons of various sizes. Therefore, it was impossible to purchase it within both the app and on the website. Luckily, it worked via text but I had to google how to do this, since I did not receive an automated text for opting in roaming when arriving in the EU.

Best wishes,
Lina

Katie_B

Thanks for getting back to me @Dreadwombat

I will be sure to pass this on to the relevant team. 

Have a lovely day, 

Katie

Katie_B

Hi @Dreadwombat

Please could you attach a screen shot of the welcome text you receive which also includes the link?

Thanks, 

Katie

Jaylan
Visitor

Same here added what was called UK-EU pack which didn’t work so wasted £15.00. Then when finding the roaming pack and the 7 days running out it wouldn’t let me text 150 to continue for further 1/7 days as tx they sent stated. 

James_B

Welcome to the EE Community, @Jaylan 🙂

What happened when you tried to renew your Roam Like Home add-on?

James