cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE mobile Wi-Fi add on

Veryteknical
Investigator
Investigator

I have a ‘wi-fi’ add on on my mobile account.

I can access WiFi on for example the London Underground, but whenever I try to join EE Wi-Fi anywhere else it doesn’t allow me to and ask me to pay for either a daily, weekly, or monthly pass.

What good is a EE Wi-Fi add on on my contract if I can’t seem to access any EE Wi-Fi anywhere?

Its actually bonkers when you think about it.

3 REPLIES 3
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Veryteknical 

Not all location WiFi services are free. You are refering to EE WiFi boost service which will be an add-on to your mobile tariff;

https://ee.co.uk/help/mobile/manage-use/using-phone-features/how-do-i-access-wifi-coverage-boost

Are you an EE broadband customer.

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

Thanks for the reply, but I’m still not clear.

The link you shared with me states that it gives me access to 150,000 Wi-Fi hotspots across the country.

Are these different to the EE Wi-Fi hotspots which I try but cant connect to without paying a fee?

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Veryteknical 

This is what that WiFi Coverage Boost help page says:

If you're an EE pay monthly customer with a WiFi-enabled device, you can get WiFi on the London Underground and in 150,000 locations across the UK.

If your account is in arrears or has been classified as a bad debt the feature isn't available.

Chris