cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chromebook A52s deal - told have to claim it

Binski
Explorer

Hi,

I upgraded on 11th March and the info at the time was that the free chromebook will be sent out between 15-30 working days. I called ee customer services and was told that this has to be claimed on the samsung promotion website - despite reading out the offer terms and conditions and pointing out that the offer on the samsung website was for a different phone I was repeatedly told that a chromebook wouldn't be sent out to me because they "don't do it like that". I was advised to put the claim through the samsung website but the offer isn't even open anymore - what can I do?

4 REPLIES 4
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Binski  If the claim period is over there is nothing you can do.  The gift was offered by Samsung not EE, EE only made that promotion available to you in order for you to claim it on the sale of the device. 

Hi Chris, the promotion stated that the chromebook will be sent out after purchase. EE are denying that this promotion existed that way and are saying that it was via the Samsung website which is clearly untrue - see below picture.

Screenshot_20220423-151004_Chrome.jpg

MozzaSec
Prodigious Contributor
Prodigious Contributor

Sounds like you may have hit the availability clause in the terms of the offer. 

All you can do is call Customer Services in the morning and ask, and if its out of stock then get a refund of the £20 for the chromebook

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Binski,

I've sent you a private message. Please check your inbox and get back to me when you have a moment.

Thanks

James