cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Google Pixel 3XL delayed

paramsingh
Investigator
Investigator

Hi EE,

Online tracking says my pixel 3XL (128 Black) is delayed to 7-8 Nov.

I got an email not long ago it was going to be delievered on the first.

What's going on?

Param

52 REPLIES 52
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @paramsingh,

Welcome to the EE Community.

We will endeavour to fulfil orders on a first-come first-serve basis, based on the stock we receive, and will do our best to get orders to you as swiftly as possible.

You can keep an eye on the order tracker for the latest updates and we'll send you a text as soon as your order is dispatched.

Thanks

James

Personally I don't think this response is good enough. I ordered my pixel3 on October 15 and was told I would receive it on the 1st of November. I even had a text from ee on saturday just gone saying that the order was on track. It was only because I called customer service to check the status of my order that I found out it won't be with me for another week. By the way I was given a months free line rental as compensation as I have waited so long already and have now got to book another day off next week to receive the phone. Complain everyone as ee are clearly making promises they can't keep. What's first come first served basis anyway I bet the stores have stock tomorrow so they can make more money on handset only sales!

Thanks for confirming November 1st on the 28th so I could book the day off work.

Thanks for waiting until 20:35 on the 31st to communicate the delay. 

Thanks for giving a detailed and understandable reason as to why you've done this and not some wishy washy canned response.

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Morning @MrBenjaminHDM @Davb1

This is due to a delivery delay from the manufacturer.

Delivery dates are estimates, and if anything changes we will let you know as soon as we can.

Thanks. Leanne.

Absolutely not good enough, of course you're going to blame the other guy not in the room but I refuse to believe that at HALF PAST EIGHT the night before, Google got in touch with you and said "Nah sorry you can't have these pixel 3 XLs"

If you keep telling me that estimates are estimates and not apologise for this shocking display of customer service I'm going to get a OnePlus 6T on O2.

I completely agree Mr Benjamin. The service has been appalling. I only found out that it was delayed because I called customer service. Otherwse I would have been sat around waiting for something that wasn't actually coming. Only apologies I got were on the phone and line rental credit by means of compensation from a very helpful lady called Chelsey. She should run ee at least she seems to get things done!

Yeah, I ordered 2 days after pre-orders went live and I'm not in the first batch of deliveries. How many phones did EE get from Google? 5?

I paid a substantial amount of money to upgrade early and pre-order and get the phone on day one. Bearing in mind the fact that a month has passed by the time the phone arrives I could have just waited and saved 50-60 quid and ordered the phone on the 7th-8th. To say I'm fuming is an understatement. Been with EE a while and they've been largely great. They've REALLY dropped the ball on this one.

Oh and when I said to the customer representative that I'll happily go to O2 to get it, the very first thing they said was "Ok, but there will be a £140 termination fee.

Unbelievable !!!

This thread has been buried from the community page :')

Should not even be happening. 

To say I'm disappointed is an understatement. EE can not be giving

1) false estimates and 

2) inefficient updates 

And expect everything to be fine. It's not. 

I shouldn't have to be calling up and chasing to know the state of an order. I should not. And even then, while calling up, to still be getting incorrect information. That's just bad form all round. 

Never mind that I got a false text last week Wednesday saying I should be receiving the phone last week Thursday but I instead get a return pack for my current phone (part of the contract deal). And no I'm getting emails telling me that I should send in my current phone soon or else I lose the advantage on the deal. 

Like are you serious right now?