cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

voicemail delays

bevanadventurer
Investigator
Investigator

I rely on calling over wifi - no EE or other network signal at home. 

I am experiencing delays in receiving voicemails by a number of days - eg today I received a voicemail from August 25th. To my knowledge I have lost at least two pieces of work because of these delays. 

I have another business that I run the phone on a different network still using calling over wifi and do not experience the same problems with that one. both phones are iphones and my EE one is a 12 and the vodafone one an xr -can anyone hellp me solve this problem? 

6 REPLIES 6
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Hi @bevanadventurer 

Welcome to the EE community

From the sounds of it, the issue you have is the delayed receipt of voicemail notifications, rather than the voicemails themselves?

Do you have "enhanced message alerts" active? You can check and toggle them using option 3 then option 2, from the voicemail main menu. It may be worth toggling them off/on as an elimination exercise first.

You are correct - it is the notifications that I am not receiving. Being really thick here - how do i find the voicemail main menu - I can't find it on a search on the phone in settings, and under voicemail I can only seem to find the ability to change the greeting or to edit to delete old voicemails. Sorry - non tech older person here....

@bevanadventurer , with IPhone, you can have visual voicemail, which means you receive it on your phone and do not have to dial voicemail to listen. You can add this by texting visual voicemail to 150, depending how old your phone is..

You may want to take a look here, scroll down and you will see all about visual voicemail:

https://ee.co.uk/help/help-new/getting-started-and-upgrading/using-your-phone-features/how-do-i-use-...

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.

i do have visual voicemail but that is not always giving me the prompt for many many days..... that is how I have missed the voicemails! I don't know why they are taking so long to come through hence that is the problem I am trying to resolve. Thanks for taking the time to respond as every avenue is beneficial!

@bevanadventurer , you are welcome, sorry I cannot help further, but maybe try speaking to customer service to see if they can help resolve this.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.

I must admit, I'd presumed the OP was using standard voicemail here - and for the benefit of others who might want to change the voicemail alerts, you simply cal EE voicemail and choose the menu options.

I don't use iOS so unfortunately can also only suggest this is reported to EE C/S.