contacts

Lesley46
Investigator
Investigator

My contact I can phone or what's app but text comes up with can't call recipient. Their phone number isn't valid. It is and the contact has confirmed.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Lesley46  have you tried deleting the number restarting your device and putting the number back in your phone ?   

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Lesley46  have you tried deleting the number restarting your device and putting the number back in your phone ?   

mikeliuk
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @Lesley46 ,

Can you call any other mobile number and can that person call your mobile?

Have you tried directly dialling the number?

Does the number have the right number of digits?

If there is a mistake in the number, it's most like to be at the front or the back of any block separated by whitespace, for example in recently calling a new number, the last digit somehow became omitted.

-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

For sending texts, check your phone's Messaging app has the Message Centre no. setting for EE as +447958879879.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Hi mikeliuk

Thank you for contacting.

I can call and speak on that number and receive from it. I can what's app it and receive but I cannot test to it .

I can interact with the other number in contacts.

Hi XRaySpeX

Thank you for your contact.

I have checked and I have the correct number and all other contacts work.

I have tried the 0800 number but the waiting time is currently 20 mins. so I will try again. I am not very savvy on technology but will keep trying.

Hi Chris,

Thank you this seems to have solved the problem, fingers crossed.

Lesley46