Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't receive calls abroad

oliselda
Investigator
Investigator

hello there, hope someone can help me,

I'm currently in Italy and i was trying to call a UK number while i'm here and the device  put automatically the call down, i've tired to switch with another phone and nothing happend, so I asked someone to call me from UK and cames up voicemail everytime i can't even call 150. I also did a top up and still nothing. I'm desperate i must do some important calls and be reachable, hope someone can help me.

olly.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Did you use that PAYG SIM for making calls or texts in UK before you left to go abroad? EE PAYG SIMs need 1st activating on EE's home UK network. If it wasn't you can't now use it until you return to UK.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@oliselda   Have you restarted the device since you got there ? 

yes I did, and still nothing.

bristolian
Legend
Legend

Is your phone showing signal bars of a local network?

Are you able to try alternative networks?

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Did you use that PAYG SIM for making calls or texts in UK before you left to go abroad? EE PAYG SIMs need 1st activating on EE's home UK network. If it wasn't you can't now use it until you return to UK.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

NETWORK SHOWNED I TIM / EE  I CAN'T CHANGE IT

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @oliselda.

Did you use the SIM card in the UK before you got to Italy?

What happens when you try to change networks?

Jon