cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texting New Zealand from the UK

akt52
Investigator
Investigator

I’m in the UK trying to text family in New Zealand, but any texts I send say ‘not delivered’. I have a flex plan plus have credit so any idea why these texts aren’t sending? 

9 REPLIES 9
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@akt52   Is this a uk number or a New Zealand number your tying to text ?     If it’s a New Zealand number are putting +64 or just 64 first ?  

bristolian
Legend
Legend

Hi @akt52 and welcome to the EE community

Just for clarity, it may help to understand the 2 possible questions you could potentially be asking here...,

1: Are you trying to send a text message to someone with a NZ number that begins with +64?

2: Or are you trying to send a text message to someone with a UK mobile number (beginning 07xxx) who happens to be roaming in NZ?

For point 2, you are texting a UK number - and the international element is immaterial so far as you sending, is concerned.

It's a New Zealand number, with +64 in front. It happens to two particular contacts when I try to text them, but other contacts receive my texts. 

It's a New Zealand number, and yes I put +64 in front. 

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @akt52

Thanks for coming to the community. 

Can you call the contacts? 

Are you able to text other numbers in New Zealand? 

Leanne. 

I haven't tried calling them, just need to be able to text them. I can text other numbers in NZ, it is just two numbers in particular I get the 'not delivered' alert when I try to text them. 

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @akt52

Thanks for the quick reply. 

Can they text you? 

Have you been able to text the numbers previously? 

Thanks 🙂

Leanne. 

Yes I can receive their texts fine. I'm not sure if it's worked previously as I first tried a few months ago and it hasn't worked since then at least. 

Are all the numbers you're finding problematic, on the same Kiwi network?