cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will I get charged for sending an Emoji/Emoticon/Bitmoji on EE?

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Here we'll let you know any charges for sending Emoji/Emoticons/Bitmoji from your device on EE.

What is an Emoji/Emoticon/Bitmoji?

Most smartphones now allow you to bring your messages to life in fun animated ways that recreate your movements and expressions:

• Animojis on the iPhone X and above can be used to create an animated animal emoji character of yourself to share.

• The Samsung S9/S9+ has an AR Emoji camera feature. The camera allows you to make an animated version of yourself, which you can share in short clips or GIFs.

• Bitmojis are now also very popular. These are like Animojis which allow you to create a cartoon version of yourself. You can send photos in different scenarios such as being at the gym. These can be created and used in text messages, and saved as pictures to use on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. You can also connect your Snapchat and Bitmoji to add to stories and location.  

How much will I be charged for sending an Emoji/Emoticon/Bitmoji?

If you have an older phone, have downloaded a new keyboard app, or if the settings on your phone are set up in a certain way, your phone may convert a text message with an Emoji into a picture message, which may be chargeable. Bitmojis will be chargeable when sent via MMS. 

For the latest pricing information, please take a look at the pay monthly price guide or the pay as you go price guide for exact details. 

This isn't something that EE or any network controls, as it's down to how your device works, but it's straightforward for you to change this. 

If you would like to turn off the ability to send and receive picture messages, see our Text messages converted to picture messages Help page for the steps you need.

Will I be charged for receiving Emoji/Emoticons/Bitmoji?

No you won't be charged for receiving any pictures to your device.

If you have any further questions, please tap "Reply" below.

22 REPLIES 22

Did you ever get a reply to your question, I've been trying to get am answer for ages and it's still not been answered 🤬

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @pemills555 

Have you been charged for sending a picture message? 

Which device are you using? 

Leanne 🙂

@pemills555 : You are replying to a 3.5 year old post in which the referenced link has since been archived.

Everything you need to know should be found in the OP of this thread you latched onto. 

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)