cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WIFI calling not working

janemarrpsm
Investigator
Investigator

Yesterday my WIFI calling is not working.  I have rebooted my router (BT Broadband), rebooted the phone, removed the wifi connection and reset up.  I have turned airplane mode on and turned wifi back on - when I do this and try to make call it says, turn off airplane mode to make a call.

Any ideas?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
janemarrpsm
Investigator
Investigator

I am pleased to say that my wifi calling came back to life at 12:30pm today  -  18/10.  

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @janemarrpsm 

Thanks for coming to the community.

Can you use apps and the internet when connected to the WiFi network? 

Do you have any other mobile phones that use WiFi Calling? if so, are they working for WiFi Calling?

Leanne 🙂

bristolian
Legend
Legend

To add to the above questions - is this problem specific to one WiFi-router, or does it happen on others?

Helloo77
Visitor

My wifi calling stopped working yesterday too! Working fine for a couple of years. Use wifi calling daily as no mobile coverage here so cannot make a call. Rebooted rooter, updated software, restarted phone.... did all the usual. Nothing. I came on to see if it was a general EE issue. 

jemjem999
Explorer

My wifi calling has stopped working overnight also. I've tried all the obvious answers of rebooting phone and router, airplane mode on and off. Haven't had the chance to test on a different wifi connection

My wife's has also stopped today.  Both Samsung phones. All other connections work as normal

janemarrpsm
Investigator
Investigator

I am pleased to say that my wifi calling came back to life at 12:30pm today  -  18/10.  

jemjem999
Explorer

As if by magic - and without trying any other solutions - both phones are suddenly working again.👨‍🔧🤔😅

I was able to use apps and the internet but don't know whether it impacted other phones.  It started working midday today after 1 day out of action.

That was going to be my next test but it has started working again

Hopefully yours has started again too