cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using my mobile in Spain

Cmac2385
Explorer

Hi, 

My daughter is going abroad to Gran Canaria for 12 nights and  currently has unlimited data on her mobile plan. My daughter will be using the mobile to call her boyfriend on whatsapp and for listening to music etc.

It looks like its more cost effective to add the Roam abroad pass at £25 and just wondered if you could answer the 2 questions below:

1. The £25 per month is it from the date i add to the date i remove?
  2. Is there a cap to how much i can use data wise when i am away on holiday?
  3. Does the use of calling on whatsapp just use data like it does here in the UK?
  4. Is there any hidden costs that i need to be aware of?

Thanks very much for helping a dinosaur out 

2 REPLIES 2
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Cmac2385 :

1. Yes, but you pay £25 per billing month.
  2. Yes, 50 GB per billing month when on contract. 
  3. Yes, data works the same as in UK. 
  4. Not that I'm aware of. 
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
bristolian
Legend
Legend

The pass is added & effective immediately you request it, and allows full use of your call, text & data (subject to FUP) allowance throughout the applicable countries. Charges are pro-rata'd on your next bill, from the date added through to the bill cycle when it is then charged in advance.

Regardless of when during the bill cycle you request it removed, it will remain active & charged until the bill date when it is then removed.