cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URGENT HUGE PROBLEM and I can't call EE back to solve it

OLEDMAN
Contributor
Contributor

I'm living in Lithuania, on PAYG, 16 GBP credit which I usually top-up on the net, and 3.2 GB data left on my EE number.

I'm off to Sweden on Friday for a few weeks and the EU roaming ends whilst I'm there.

So I called EE today and an assistant in Ireland told me that If I went over to SIM-only monthly @ 7.50 GBP I could continue to roam whilst in Sweden when roaming ends on March 3rd.

I gave my Lithuanian bank card details for the switch, and the assistant said the line might get cut-off during our conversation, which it did.

Everything has gone **bleep** up. Now I've lost ALL ROAMING even in Lithuania and now for Sweden, and I cant call EE back to see what's going on.

When I log into my EE account it's like I'm a new customer with all my credits gone, and this assistant said she would credit me all my data to the account.

Totally lost.. and now my phone doesn't even work 😕

Is there anyone at EE that can contact me to see what on earth is going on?

8 REPLIES 8
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @OLEDMAN

I'm so sorry to hear about your experience. I've sent you a private message to get some information from you.

Please take a look and get back to me.

Thanks

Chris

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@OLEDMAN : You'll still pay £2 / day to use your allowances in EU from March whether you're on contract or PAYG.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

@OLEDMAN  You can not change from PAYG to sim only outside the UK.  Your sim needs to be connected to the EE network directly for this to happen.  

You’ll still pay for roaming as any contract that’s been taken out after the 7th of June will be subject to this charge. 

Yeah always known the issue on March 3rd, but was advised something completely wrong by an EE rep that also ended my sim instantly within 10 minutes.

Luckily EE apologised and will reverse the situation. Phew !

@OLEDMAN  i’m not sure if your Sim will get reactivated when they reverse it as you’re on a roaming network.   

Hmm.. EE UK said midday tomorrow it should be back with roaming fine... we'll see I guess 🤔 worried now lol

@OLEDMAN  to be honest I’ve not known someone to request a change from pay-as-you-go to sim only and then go back to pay-as-you-go as in your case when abroad so it’s a bit of a grey area I just wanted to pre-warn you.   Fingers crossed 🤞 for you and please do let us know either way whether this works.  

Yeah I'll share the results.

Wish I'd never called EE in the first place now though.

Should have just rolled it out till March 2nd and then got a Swedish cheap sim.

Fingers and toes crossed.