cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travel package but still can't make phone calls

Renia76
Explorer

I bought Travel Package for US and I'm in Florida now and I'm not able to make any calls back to UK - I tried calling both, mobile and landlines, numbers and I can't even call EE customer Service to get help (online chat option is not available at the moment either!). The phone shows "couldn't connect" message and drops the call. I'm so frustrated 😠 because I planned it in advance, got confirmation texts of travel package which cost £10.44 and I'm not able to use it and contact anyone including ee.

3 REPLIES 3
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Renia76  purchasing add ons  doesn’t enable roaming these are two separate things you need to login to your EE account and enable roaming. 

Thank you @Chris_B When I spoke to EE before travel the advisor confirmed it would be activated and there was nothing for me to do and I got text message on my first day here " Hi, from EE, your Travel Data Pass is ready to go. You only pay on the days you use data abroad in an included country so no need to remove it when you get back to the UK." 

I can't see any option on My EE account for roaming.

As you are on contract, did you activate roaming on your EE a/c before you left UK by texting ROAMING to 150? Having a roaming add-on doesn't of itself activate roaming on your a/c.

Often just rebooting the phone is the simple remedy. Otherwise try logging into your MyEE account online & go to Menu > Account Settings > Parental and Data Controls > Roaming Abroad and also Call Abroad and Premium Rate. They will show as ticked if roaming and calling abroad is activated. If they are not ticked, can you activate these settings?

If you can't enable the Roaming Abroad and the Call Abroad & Premium Rate settings of your MyEE, you will need to call CS. Try calling CS on the Freephone no. in my sig. over Skype. It should be free.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)