Roaming

benrogers
Visitor

Currently in St Lucia. Roaming not working. Thought this was turned on but no signal since arrival.  Obviously can’t call anyone to ask about this as I don’t have reception. Any ideas? 

1 REPLY 1
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Are you on contract or PAYG? Did you use that SIM for making calls or texts in UK before you left to go abroad?

If you are on contract, did you activate roaming on your EE a/c before you left UK by texting ROAMING to 150? Having a roaming add-on doesn't of itself activate roaming on your a/c.

Often just rebooting the phone is the simple remedy. Otherwise try logging into your MyEE account online & go to Menu > Account Settings > Control Content > Roaming Abroad and also Call Abroad and Premium Rate. They will show as ticked if roaming and calling abroad is activated. If they are not ticked, can you activate these settings?

If you can't enable the Roaming Abroad and the Call Abroad & Premium Rate settings of your MyEE, you will need to call CS. Try calling CS on the Freephone no. in my sig. over Skype. It should be free.

PAYG is auto enabled for roaming. You won't see any of those settings & don't need to change anything. If outside EU, do you have enough credit for making calls from abroad?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)