cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming in Jamaica

Embee2
Investigator
Investigator

Hi, I’ve just arrived in Jamaica on holiday and even after texting 150 ROAMING before going away, I still for  have absolutely no signal whilst here though a friend I am with is also with EE and has full signal.

I am due to receive a very important text message but can’t recieve it because of this but I  can’t contact EE at all via phone or text due to having no signal to sort it out so I’m at abit of a loss of what to do.

Is there anything I can do?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

It did end up being the spend cap weirdly, they took it off and I restarted the phone and was connected straight away. 
Very confusing but glad it’s fixed! Thanks again for your help 🙂

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Did you receive a confirmation message after texting ROAMING to 150? If  you did, try using your phone's network search function to manually select each local network in turn. If all refuse a connection, that would suggest an account issue. You may find other networks allow a connection.

Your only recourse will be to contact CS to check your SIM's roaming status. You can either contact +44 7953 966150 from another working phone, or +44 800 0798586 using a web-calling app such as Skype over WiFi.

Thanks for your reply.

Yeah I did recieve confirmation and have tried to auto connect and manually select a network but to no avail, seems to be something is wrong with my account but I will contact customer service now, thank you for the information! Very helpful 😊

@Embee2  Have you tried just restarting the device? 

Yes I have a few times but nothing changed. On a call with CS and they have mentioned it could be to do with my spend cap being set to 0 so it’s being raised. Hoping this fixes the issue ☺️

bristolian
Legend
Legend

A spend cap would not normally cause issues with getting a network connection, but with incurring charges through chargeable usage.

Something to eliminate, though. Be sure to check their fix before terminating the call.

It did end up being the spend cap weirdly, they took it off and I restarted the phone and was connected straight away. 
Very confusing but glad it’s fixed! Thanks again for your help 🙂

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for coming back and letting us know @Embee2

It's great to hear this is now resolved. 

Have a great time in Jamaica. 

Katie