cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming Activation

hubbycat
Investigator
Investigator

Could some please explain to me how does the roaming activation work? What steps do I need to take to activate it?  I can see that I have the £2.47 add-on on my account. Is texting ROAMING to 150 enough to activate it? When do they start charging me? Do I need to deactivate it after return to stop being charged? 

Thanks - Tom

4 REPLIES 4
bristolian
Legend
Legend

If you are on PAYG, roaming is auto-enabled once your phone is used in the UK

If you're on pay-monthly, texting ROAMING to 150 from the UK enables roaming.

Roaming itself is free of charge, regardless of any billing add-ons you choose.

So what you are saying is that to enable ROAMING all I have to do is to text ROAMING to 150 just before I leave UK. Is that correct? What do I have to do on the return?

Tom

bristolian
Legend
Legend

If you are a pay-monthly customer, that is correct. The roaming facility is free of charge and, once setup, remains so unless you explicitly request it removed.

Most users treat this as a one-off process, and leave roaming activated incase of future use. Removing the free facility creates scope for future issues.

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

The £2.47 daily roaming add-on is only charged on any day when you use any of your UK allowances in the EU.

The actual permission/ability to roam by texting ROAMING to 150 is itself free & need never be removed so as to cover you for future trips abroad. 

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)