cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement handset abroad

JBailey121
Explorer

This is not an urgent request. I'm planning for something that I hope doesn't happen.

I spend six months a year abroad (mainly in the EU and particularly Spain). I have an unlimited roaming contract, so the service on my +44 number is good. 

However, I need my phone 24/7 and I am worried about what would happen if it was lost or stolen. EE do not have shops outside of the UK, so I can't walk into a branch (like you can with Vodafone in Spain) and explain I need a replacement handset and my SIM transferring.

My question to EE is 'what process or services do you offer to ensure communications/business continuity if a phone is lost abroad' . 

Thanks in advance, 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Replacement SIMs and insurance-replacement phones, are supplied to the UK-registered billing address.

The account holder would need to make arrangements for any equipment to be shipped abroad at their expense & risk.

If 24/7/365 guaranteed connectivity is vital, you could carry a spare phone to at least allow for faults with the primary device.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Replacement SIMs and insurance-replacement phones, are supplied to the UK-registered billing address.

The account holder would need to make arrangements for any equipment to be shipped abroad at their expense & risk.

If 24/7/365 guaranteed connectivity is vital, you could carry a spare phone to at least allow for faults with the primary device.

Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@JBailey121  Even with Vodaphone UK you can not go to vodaphone Spain and get your number on a sim from them.   It’s two separate companies they just share the name.    

@Chris_B wrote:

@JBailey121  Even with Vodaphone UK you can not go to vodaphone Spain...

Which is Vodafone not Vodaphone 😁

VF must have one of the most commonly mis-spelled names in the world!! A couple of friends used to be ex-pats in Spain and they did mention VF-SP having some reciprocal benefits with VF-UK so this isn't impossible - but I have no idea if this is current.

JBailey121
Explorer

Thanks to those who replied. 

It’s a pity EE can’t reply directly. I asked this question to their customer service and in a U.K. shop and they told me to ask the community.  The lack of direct customer service is probably my main disappointment with EE 

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @JBailey121 

Thanks for coming to the community. 

I am sorry to hear this, I can see @bristolian has provided information for you. 

If you need any further help please let us know. 

Leanne.