cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Not receiving texts abroad

VK1549
Investigator
Investigator

EE is not good provider I have been customer last 10 years plus When I travel Have always problem receiving SMS txt I am travelling south east Asia and have paid £7.82 for 100 txt but not getting connected or able to receive or send txt I am thinking of complaint to Ofcom to fine EE 

6 REPLIES 6
VK1549
Investigator
Investigator

EE is most hopeless provider switch to Vodafoone if you are travelling abroad 

VK1549
Investigator
Investigator

Do not trust EE as provider 

if you are travelling South east Asia 

VK1549
Investigator
Investigator

Hope less people in UK customer team 

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @VK1549

I am sorry to hear you are unable to receive texts whilst abroad. 

Did you activate roaming before leaving the UK by texting ROAMING to 150?

Are you able to send texts OK?

What add-on do you have?

Speak soon, 

Katie

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@VK1549 : As you are on contract, did you activate roaming on your EE a/c before you left UK by texting ROAMING to 150? Having a roaming billing add-on doesn't of itself activate roaming on your a/c. Having roaming activated on your EE a/c, not just on your device, is crucial to using your contract SIM abroad.

Often just rebooting the phone is the simple remedy. Also try selecting a network manually rather than auto. Otherwise you need to call CS to get your roaming activated. Try calling CS on the Freephone no. in my sig. on Skype over WiFi. It should be free. 

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
bristolian
Legend
Legend

@VK1549 wrote:

I am thinking of complaint to Ofcom to fine EE 

Ofcom don't handle individual customer complaints, they expect you to use provider's internal process first.

A methodical approach may be best here - does your phone show a connection a local network in your host country? You need that to use mobile-based services such as calls, texts & mobile data.