cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: EE Roaming - Help when abroad with your EE phone or device

DJW31
Explorer

I just purchased a roaming add on for Perth WA that i want to use for navigating but it is not working at all. I can't figure out why. I've purchased an add on that totally isn't working. Can someone advise asap please? 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
abellewp
Explorer
So my problems were diagnosed and fixed last night. Phone was set to 5 g but the areas I was in did not support that coverage so phone shut down to sos only. My phone had worked previously in Queensland and NSW but once in SA it went to 3G and then sos.
Maybe your phone is doing something similar.
Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @DJW31

Welcome to the community. 

Did you activate Roaming before leaving the UK?

When purchasing a roaming add-on this does not automatically enable roaming on your account. 

If you did not I would recommend getting in touch with our customer care team. 

If you are not with someone with a working phone you can also log in to your My EE and use our online chat service which is open from 8am-10:30pm UK time. 

Should you be with someone who has a working phone you can call on +447953966250. 

Speak soon, 

Katie

abellewp
Explorer
So my problems were diagnosed and fixed last night. Phone was set to 5 g but the areas I was in did not support that coverage so phone shut down to sos only. My phone had worked previously in Queensland and NSW but once in SA it went to 3G and then sos.
Maybe your phone is doing something similar.
Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Thank you for coming back and letting us know @abellewp

Katie 🙂