cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Cannot receive calls at all

yatishsingh
Investigator
Investigator

I am facing the exact same problem. I am using the same phone I used in the UK. There is not network, I have tried all permutation combinations, automatic-manual network selection. Have changed places, tried in New York, DC but the same problem. I am to receive a crucial OTP which I can not because of the crap network and no one to speak to.

Additionally, it is really frustrating, that I chose to spend extra £25 for roaming service that does not exist at all.

4 REPLIES 4
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Your post has been moved to a new thread, to ask the standard basic questions.

Regardless of any billing add-on, your ability to get coverage abroad (which calls, texts & mobile data rely on) is dependent on roaming being activated - which allows your phone to connect to foreign networks, and is free.

On pay-monthly, this needs to be enabled manually - usually by texting ROAMING to 150 before leaving the UK. Did you do this?

If you now find yourself abroad without having enabled roaming, your only recourse will be to contact CS to request it activated. You can either contact +44 7953 966150 from another working phone, or +44 800 0798586 using a web-calling app such as Skype over WiFi.

Yes, I had activated the roaming services by sending the text and I could use the services for the first hour at the airport but subsequently lost all network.

Thanks this was helpful. I got in touch with EE using Skype and they helped me promptly.

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @yatishsingh 

I know you mentioned the network mode, have you tried manually connecting to other available networks in the area?

Chris