cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAYG in Spain

HelenUK
Investigator
Investigator

Can I use my PAYG Everything Pack allowances in Spain (Canaray Islands) when I go on holiday this weekend?

I read in another thread that: "On PAYG there are charges for using your pack allowances in the EU of either £2.50 / day or £10 / week," but I don't really understand what that means...

Does this mean that in order to use the allowances I have already paid for, I have to pay a further £17.50, as I'm going for 10 day?

I don't really understand "roaming" Do I have to allow (pay for) raoming to be able to use my phone on WiFi or 3G/4G?

I'm hoping the hotel's WiFi is good enough fr what I need, but just checking in case I need to use my phone (ie 3G/4G).

Thanks so much

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
bristolian
Legend
Legend

EE is a UK network operator, but roaming means using your phone on foreign networks - in this case, the Spanish ones. Roaming provides you with mobile network coverage abroad, whereas WiFi is just a connection between a mobile device and broadband router - this is completely independent of the mobile network.

The charge you mention, is for the use of your UK allowances on these foreign networks.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HelenUK
Investigator
Investigator

Hi, I've just found this thread as I'm trying to find out if I can use my PAYG Everything Pack allowances in Spain when I go on holiday this weekend.

From the reply: "On PAYG there are charges for using your pack allowances in the EU of either £2.50 / day or £10 / week," does this mean in order to use the allowances I have paid for, I have to pay this? I'm going for 10 days.

Thanks so much

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @HelenUK,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

To use your pay as you go pack's inclusive calls, texts and data, you'll need to purchase an EU roaming daily or weekly add-on.

Please see Pay As You Go Charges for Roaming in the EU | Help | EE for more details.

Hope this helps.

James

bristolian
Legend
Legend

EE is a UK network operator, but roaming means using your phone on foreign networks - in this case, the Spanish ones. Roaming provides you with mobile network coverage abroad, whereas WiFi is just a connection between a mobile device and broadband router - this is completely independent of the mobile network.

The charge you mention, is for the use of your UK allowances on these foreign networks.

thank you for explaining it so clearly 😊

Thanks so much James, If I buy the roaming package will my normal PAYG package be frozen or is that what I'm using if I choose the roaming option?

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

The Roaming Pass allows you to use your UK pack allowances in Spain, @HelenUK  🙂

Chris

Thanks so much 😊