cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inclusive calls limit charge

Ladidah
Visitor

HELP! I have just been charged £280 extra for my daughters bill as she went over her 250 minute allowance. She did get a message which said she was over but frankly, it wasn’t clear she would then be charged 67p a minute. As the bill payer(my account is linked) I got no warning myself. Also on the EE app front page of her account it says ‘unlimited minutes’ but it’s only when you click through it then says ‘you have used xx of your allowance’ I have disputed with customer services who argue it’s my fault and I should have been checking her useage…. They’ve offered me 50% off but I still think that’s unacceptable as it was an honest mistKe. Do you think I can do anything else?

7 REPLIES 7
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

If she's gone over her 250 min (4+ hours) talktime then she's gonna pay 67p /min. As CS says it's up to the caller to keep tabs on their usage. EE provide simple-to-use tools to do this.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Hi @Ladidah 

It won't help now, but it'll be worth setting up a spend-cap to prevent this happening in the future.

There's info on how to do this, on this EE help page - together with information on what the cap does & doesn't cover.

mikeliuk
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @Ladidah ,

Is your daughter on a pay monthly contract with International Add-On?

Were those call charges incurred from international calls?

If those charges were properly incurred, a refund of one half would be very generous.

Has a Spend Cap been applied?

-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net

@mikeliuk : Nowt to do with International calls. 67p / min is standard rate for calls to UK nos. outside your allowance. Complete red herring! Yet again you are posting just for the sake of saying something no matter how irrelevant or fatuous.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Please excuse my ignorance, how else does an unlimited minutes contract have an allowance of 250 mins?

https://www.google.com/search?q=ee+250+mins+allowance

-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net

This is potentially just an app-error, if Ladidah has a minutes-based bundle and is being presented with "unlimited minutes" graphics or indicators.

Regardless, by means of advice to the original question - if EE C/S have offered a 50% discount on these valid charges that strikes me as generous and I would recommend accepting it.

And then make sure a spend cap is setup to avoid a recurrence in the future.

Did no one read this part

She did get a message which said she was over”.    So a 50% reduction is more then generous considering a warning message was sent and ignored.   

The account holder isn’t messaged as it’s the tariff that’s breached it’s allowance that’s message and it was.