Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EU roaming on 12 month sim-only contract

LegendusMaximus
Investigator
Investigator

Hi,
I have a sim only contract that renews automatically in December each year. I have no plans to upgrade, and I am wondering whether the December 2021 renewal will mean that I have to pay EU roaming charges from January 2022?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Hi @LegendusMaximus 

Unless you're changing from one SIM-only plan to another, then I suspect you're not "renewing" in December each year, as just continuing on your existing plan.

The new charges apply to all "new" contracts taken out after July, if you have a pre-existing contract that is just continuing to roll-on, that is not a new contract and therefore you shoiuld remain on the existing charging structure.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Hi @LegendusMaximus 

Unless you're changing from one SIM-only plan to another, then I suspect you're not "renewing" in December each year, as just continuing on your existing plan.

The new charges apply to all "new" contracts taken out after July, if you have a pre-existing contract that is just continuing to roll-on, that is not a new contract and therefore you shoiuld remain on the existing charging structure.