cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE WiFi-Auto on London Underground seems to be broken

Jobear91
Investigator
Investigator

As the responses to a post I made on Reddit suggest, EE's WiFi service on the London Underground is no longer fit for purpose.

Link to Reddit post 

This network used to work really well most of the time. Now it's completely unreliable. At many stations it won't connect at all, whether I'm on a briefly stopping train or standing on the platform/moving around the station.

My phone frequently struggles to connect to it now or fails completely.

It would be great if EE could actually look into this. It was a really useful service and a huge benefit of being an EE customer.

3 REPLIES 3
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Jobear91 

Did you check out our 'How do I use WiFi on the London Underground?' help page, for help on connection issues?

Chris

Hey there. Sorry but this isn't a solution. I completely agree with Jobear. Having lived in London for 20+ years, and being with EE (formally T mobile) for the same amount of time, I have had access to wifi at underground stations since it was first offered. And the current connection rate is the worst I have ever experienced. This evening i was at 3 different stations (farringdon, bond st and kings cross), and I was able to connect to the network but every time my wifi had an exclamation mark, saying the wifi wasn't working. And this has been a common occurrence, in fact getting worse, for months. And I know it isn't my phone because i can still connect with functioning internet at some stations. EE really should look into this.

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Jimmys002 

If you get in touch with our technical support team by calling 150, they will get this looked into in more detail for you. 

Leanne.