cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE Voicemail: All you need to know

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Voicemail is set up as standard for EE mobile customers but is it free? Does it work abroad? What is Visual voicemail? Read below for answers;

Is my voicemail set up already? 

Voicemail is set up as default for all EE mobile customers.

If you’re having any problems activating voicemail or if people can’t leave you messages, try texting “VM ON” to 150.

This will activate your voicemail divert and give the person calling you an option to leave a voicemail.

How do I access my voicemails?

There are a few ways you can listen to your voicemails on your EE device:

Option

Actions

Press and hold 1 or select voicemail (on an iPhone this is within the phone icon app) or dial 222

If you are calling from another phone within the UK dial 07953 222222 or +447953 222222 if you are calling from abroad

If you are calling from another phone you will need a voicemail PIN. To set this up call your voicemail (as above) and select option 3 then option 3

For help on voicemail for a particular phone model, go to our phones and device Help page where you can find more detailed information

Please see our EE Voicemail Help page for help on setting up a voicemail PIN.

How long will my voicemails be available for?

• Your voicemail can store a maximum of 50 messages, up to 8 minutes each.

• New messages are stored for 21 days and after you've listened to them, they can be saved and stored for a maximum of 7 days.

If a voicemail message hasn't been listened to you'll receive a free text alert to let you know it's about to be deleted. Voicemail messages are deleted automatically after 21 days.

Will I be charged for using my EE Voicemail?

What are voicemail diverts and how do I turn them on or off?

A voicemail divert is a setting that gives the person calling you an option to leave a voicemail.

If the setting is switched on, callers will have this option. If they are switched off, they won't be able to leave you a message and the call will either keep ringing or not ring at all if you're unreachable.

How to manage your voicemail diverts

• Text VM ON to 150 to switch voicemail diverts on from the UK.
  • Text VM OFF to 150 to switch voicemail diverts off from the UK.

Can I use my voicemail abroad?

If you wish to access your voicemail messages when roaming here are some great tips: 

• If you would prefer not to receive voicemails when abroad text VM OFF to 150 before you travel.

• Once you're back in the UK simply text VM ON to 150.

Please see our Roaming Costs, Help page for voicemail charges when you are abroad.

Visual Voicemail - iPhone only

Visual Voicemail is a way to scan and manage your voicemails easily and instantly on your iPhone screen.

To get Visual Voicemail set up on your iPhone you’ll need to check a few things first;

Once you have this you're ready to go.

To activate Visual Voicemail text “iPhone Visual” to 150; you’ll get a text back when this has been set up.

If you’d like some more information on this, please see our EE Visual Voicemail Help page.

If you have any other questions tap 'Reply' below.

10 REPLIES 10
MarkMonster
Visitor

Hi @Leanne_T

Is it possible to switch Voicemail off for blocked/private numbers only?  I have blocked these calls however still get a message alert however I need voicemail switched on for day to day usage & work.

Thanks

Leanne_T

Hi @MarkMonster 

Thanks for coming to the community. 

Sorry this is not possible to switch off voicemail for certain numbers, if these numbers are blocked they would go straight to voicemail. 

Thanks. 

Leanne.

RedFeend
Explorer

I’m on a pay monthly SIM only contract. 
I don’t ever leave the UK. Will I be charged for a voicemail sent to my number from the Netherlands? Will I be charged for an automated call from the Netherlands which I do not answer? Thank you. 

James_B

Hi @RedFeend,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

No, you wouldn't be charged receiving an international call in the UK.

James

Thank you very much James for clarifying that for me. Your help is much appreciated. 

James_B

No problem @RedFeend 🙂

James

JanePr
Investigator
Investigator

Thanks for this article.

I have a Sim only PAYG monthly

I've texted VM ON to 150 twice today and got the same reply bith times 'Sorry we're having some trouble completing your request. Please try again later'

Is this a technical issue for EE or something to do with my phone or being PAYG monthly or my balance?

My current balance is £0.00 with 203 minutes and 426 texts.

Do I need to top up to be able to set up and receive voicemail messages?

Many thanks

Jane

Leanne_T

Hi @JanePr 

You should still have the option to activate voicemail even if you have no credit. 

Please call us on 150 and the team can activate the voicemail for you. 

Leanne 🙂

lisalisa75
Visitor

Why doesn't EE allow the consumer to save a voicemail for longer than 7 days? Other operators allow you to save voicemail for as long as you want!