cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE Spend Cap Issue

zoep15
Visitor

I am currently abroad in France and forgot to increase my spend cap before leaving the UK. Phone calls, mobile data and outbound texts have been disabled, and I am unable to contact EE on the 150 number. There doesn't appear to be a facility on My EE to lift the spend cap.  When I go into the app settings, there is no button to access spending cap and same with the website, so to summarise, I have no way of contacting EE to reactivate my phone. Can anyone suggest anything else? 

2 REPLIES 2
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@zoep15 : How do you know it's a Spend Cap issue behind mobile services not working abroad? Likewise how do you know they've been disabled?

Far more likely is that you didn't activate roaming on your EE a/c by texting ROAMING to 150 before you left UK.

If you didn't you need to call CS to get your roaming activated. Try calling CS on the Freephone no. in my sig. on Skype over WiFi. It should be free.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
bristolian
Legend
Legend

To add to the previous reply - please explain exactly what your symptoms are. A basic question would be whether your phone shows a connection to any French networks?

At a basic level, a mobile network connection is required to make or take calls, send or receive texts, or use mobile data. And that has nothing to do with any spend cap.

A thorough explanation of your symptoms will greatly assist correct diagnosis, and thus advice.