cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Roaming Not Working Abroad

EEUser2691
Visitor

Help Please! 

My phone data & signal is not working abroad (Australia) and has previously never worked when  on holiday while using this iPhone. Data roaming is activated, I have removed the spending cap, I pre-purchased the ‘roam further’ pass before travelling, I have tried turning on and off iPhone and have tried manually selecting the data provider - nothing has worked. Since arriving I have had no welcome text from a local network, and am unable to send or receive text messages or calls to EE (or any other contact). 

I can’t find a way to contact EE from Australia, even via my app, so I am hoping between this this can help get the issue resolved. 

1 REPLY 1
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Regardless of any billing add-on, your ability to get coverage abroad (which calls, texts & mobile data rely on) is dependent on roaming being activated - which allows your phone to connect to foreign networks. Furthermore, "data roaming" is simply a phone setting that enables the use of mobile data whilst already roaming. If you don't have a mobile network connection, then data usage is impossible with or without the "data roaming" setting being active - thus that setting is futile

On pay-monthly, this needs to be enabled manually - usually by texting ROAMING to 150 before leaving the UK. Did you do this?

If you now find yourself abroad without having enabled roaming, your only recourse will be to contact CS to request it activated. You can either contact +44 7953 966150 from another working phone, or +44 800 0798586 using a web-calling app such as Skype over WiFi.