cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t use roaming

Alice782295
Explorer

I’m currently in Austria, I’m trying to use my data, On the EE app it won’t let me turn roaming on and says there’s a problem and won’t let me turn it on. It worked without fault driving through France but won’t work in Germany or Austria ?

3 REPLIES 3
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Hi @Alice782295 

If your roaming facility has worked in other countries, then it's self-evidently enabled at EE's end and any issues are likely due to a local network issue in a specific country.

Do you have signal bars indicated in Austria? If so, your phone is connecting to a local network and "roaming" probably isn't the issue. Furthermore, can you make & receive calls ok?

Have you tried restarting your phone and/or connecting to a different local network?

And if all this fails to resolve - what is happening when you try to use your data?

Thank you, It’s saying 3G and saying it’s connected but nothing is actually working. It’s happened across two countries so I don’t know if it’s a local issue. I had planned to use WhatsApp for calls in order to avoid additional costs. I’ve turned my phone off and on several times 

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Alice782295

Thanks for coming back to the community. 

Can you make and receive calls and texts? 

Leanne 🙂