cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't message some international numbers

travistravis
Investigator
Investigator

I'm trying to send an sms to a Canadian number and it appears to not be reaching the destination. It does work for some Canadian numbers. I don't get any kind of notice that it failed, but the receiving network never gets it.

- I've tried an O2 sim in the same phone, and the message does go through as expected. (Which I think indicates it's not the phone, and not the receiving number). 
- tried restarting phone
- tried from multiple countries (Canada, and UK, now that I'm home)

5 REPLIES 5
Schockwave
Community Hero
Community Hero

@travistravis , do you have call abroad enabled on your account? That could be the reason, it will cost you to send an SMS to other countries it is not free, just like when making calls.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.
travistravis
Investigator
Investigator

I believe so, I'm unable to find verification of that on the EE website anywhere, but I have been able to send messages to other Canadian phone numbers. 

@travistravis    You say it works via a different network sim to the same number and you can texts other numbers from the EE sim so I have to ask as the recipient blocked your EE number of their device? 

travistravis
Investigator
Investigator

No they haven't. (Sorry, that seemed like an obvious troubleshooting step, so I didn't add it).

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @travistravis 

Thanks for coming back to us. 

Can you call the number from your phone? 

Do you have the number saved as a contact?

Leanne.