cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls and SMS while abroad

Leigh78
Investigator
Investigator

I am in France. Can't make or receive calls or texts. Roaming is on and my package includes France. Says temporarily unavailable but has done for last 3 days. I've tried restarting phone but still not working.  

7 REPLIES 7
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Leigh78   Is roaming enable from within your EE online account?    

When did you take out this contract?  If it was after the 7th of July you’ll need to purchase an add on to use your tariff allowance while there as no tariff allowance after that date can be used within the EU without an add on 

bristolian
Legend
Legend

Hi @Leigh78 

@Leigh78 wrote:

I am in France. Can't make or receive calls or texts. Roaming is on and my package includes France. Says temporarily unavailable but has done for last 3 days. I've tried restarting phone but still not working.  

Irrespective of your package or billing add-ons, can you confirm that within your myEE online account or app, that "International roaming" & "call abroad & premium rate" are both enabled under "parental & data controls"?

@bristolian  @Leigh78   On the my EE app that’s under Settings>Roaming. 

Yes, both enabled

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @Leigh78 

Thanks for posting. 

Can you manually select a different network in your device settings? 

Speak soon 🙂

Leanne. 

Hi. Only WiFi calling is available to me. EE network still says 'temporarily unavailable' so I don't have access to calls or texts or 4G. Because of this I am in unable to call EE to tell them of my problem. I've tried restarting phone and all the correct boxes seem checked in my EE account so I'm still unsure what the issue is??

Try calling CS on the Freephone no. in my sig. over Skype. It should be free.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)