cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling USA number whilst in USA

oaky14
Investigator
Investigator

Hi, hoping somone can assist. Travelling to USA soon, with Roam Further add on.  Whilst in USA may need to call USA number. Which add on will allow me to do this?  

Thank you 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @oaky14 

Yes USA - USA calls  are certainly included in the Roam further (now roam abroad)  pass as i've used it recently.

Some of the info on the EE site can seem contradictory unfortunately.

Best Regards

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Yes, & receive from it.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Thank you, however my understanding is that Roam Further allows me to dial uk numbers at no extra charge however calls made to usa  numbers whilst  in USA   are charged at £1.25 per minute which will soon mount up. Hoping for a add on that will reduce cost

You don't believe me? Here is a statement by an EE Community Staff member in re: Canada which stands in the same stead to USA for the Roam Further/Abroad Pass:

Roam further :

They have confirmed that calls to Canadian mobiles and landlines are covered by the Roam Abroad/Roam Further add-on/Smart Benefit. 

& later extrapolated for all Roam Further countries.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Hi @oaky14 

Yes USA - USA calls  are certainly included in the Roam further (now roam abroad)  pass as i've used it recently.

Some of the info on the EE site can seem contradictory unfortunately.

Best Regards

Thank you. 

EE staff were saying one thing, website saying another- both gave incorrect information 

Thank you. 

Website and Ee staff both gave incorrect info!