cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call keeps dropping

Kiranpreet2012
Investigator
Investigator

Since last week I am having issues calling landline numbers. The call goes through but it fails within minutes. I am not able to call 150 without it failing so I’m not able to get through to support. 

7 REPLIES 7
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @Kiranpreet2012

Welcome to the EE Community. 

Does this happen within one area?

Are you able to place your SIM into another device to see if this resolves the issue?

Speak soon, 

Katie 🙂

bristolian
Legend
Legend

@Kiranpreet2012 wrote:

Since last week I am having issues calling landline numbers.

Does this affect calls to other non-landline numbers? If this is being caused by the mobile network in a specific area, it's unlikely to make any difference what number is being called.

If calls to particular number ranges are affected, that's likely to affect all EE users in a larger area, but potentially be a problem on EE's central network rather than an individual radio site.

Hi Katie

I have tried to put the sim into a different device and I am still having the same issue.

I have tried to call to different area codes however no difference. It's just strange that I can not even call to 150 so I am not able to call customer service. 

Hi,

I am able to call mobile numbers its only for landlines that the call keeps dropping. 

You've mentioned an inability to call 150 - what happens when you try to do so?

If you had the same issues with your SIM in another phone - do you mean that the issue followed your SIM to the alternate phone, or the issue remained with the alternate SIM in your phone?

Do these landline calls always drop after the same duration?

Does your phone display "VoLTE" next to the signal bars when you're on a call?

When I call 150, it drops within seconds after I am making the selection for the purpose of my call and then it says call failed. 

No the phone doesn't display VoLTE next to the signal bars. 

I have only tried to swap the SIM into a different phone, I didn't try a different SIM in my phone. 

Managed to get hold of customer service and they said that there is poor service in my area however I have tried to make calls in different areas of London. I have even tried to call landline numbers from other EE numbers and I managed to get through. 

Hi @Kiranpreet2012.

What phone are you using?

Do you have a 3G, 4G, or 5G symbol next to the signal bars?

Are you using WiFi Calling?

Jon