Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

West Wales Woes! 35mbps to <5mbps. :(

Raker
Investigator
Investigator

Hi there! 

Not really sure where to start with this, but we had an issue in our area with a huge thunder clap which looks to have caused a problem on the mast in our postcode area.

We're on 4G package with an intermediary supplier [Dyfed Telecoms] who use EE as a service provider - to that end, we've got an EE home broadband SIM contract.  We've been enjoying 35mbps on average and are now down to around 5mbps sometimes up to 10mbps.

The company came out yesterday and replaced the 4G receiver in case that had been damaged in some way and tests confirmed that it wasn't the receiver.  Everything else is fine on our network.  The engineer also confirmed that the signal from mast to receiver was excellent.

I can see from the network coverage facility that some work was conducted on the mast and that it was back up and running.  However - it has drastically affected our service.  I've reported a problem, but was just wondering if anyone else had experienced any issues like this before?  

Thanks in advance of any comments!

🙂 

6 REPLIES 6
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Hi @Raker and welcome to the community

There's a variety of possible reasons for slower data speeds - one or more radio sites being out-of-service, increased load on the network in your area caused by greater usage, and a few others besides.

You mention that you've tried using the service status checker , and that's an excellent place to start. That includes the facility to register for updates on existing issues, as well as submit a report to network teams for a closer check of the network in your area.

Did you say that the site is reporting a problem - if so, I would recommend waiting for the outcome of that, in the first instance.

Many thanks for the reply! 

Yes, there was a fault reported which was fixed.  It seems a coincidence that the until now, the service has been faultless and now, after a repair, that it's not?

I've raised a ticket - I guess we'll see what happens? 

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for raising it, @Raker

Our network team will investigate and update the status checker if they find a problem.

You should also get a notification.

Chris

Ah thanks for this!

😊👍

Any idea how I'll receive a notification at all, Christopher?

Thanks! 

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

If you've signed up or reported a problem on the status checker, we'll use the method you chose on there, @Raker. 🙂

Chris