cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very poor coverage around Shinfield, Spencers Wood area in Reading

raykau
Contributor
Contributor

I have been based in the Spencers Wood area since 2016 and the general coverage in the areas extending unto Shinfield, Riseley is very poor, getting 5G impossible, even making calls is hard all the time. Inside the home we have to resort to WiFi calling to make calls. Outside the home there is no chance of any connection for an extremely wide area. 

Since this is in Reading and quite a populous area, I wanted to understand if there is any plans for EE to have a look at how to improve connectivity around the area? I do know moving mobile service providers would be an easy option but wanted to give this a final try before doing that.

20 REPLIES 20
Schockwave
Community Hero
Community Hero

@raykau , have you checked here where you can register, report and receive updates:

https://ee.co.uk/help/mobile-coverage-checker

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.
raykau
Contributor
Contributor

@Schockwave thanks for your reply, yes I have checked it and it says great coverage for 4G and good coverage for 5G; whereas I get max 1 bar of 4G around most of the area; and this is same for a lot of my friends in the neighbourhood with a variety of devices including iPhones, Google Pixel and Samsung

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @raykau 

Thanks for coming here. 

Have you selected 'check status' on the coverage checker? 

This will show any reported problems for the area, if nothing is showing you can report the problem and this will be looked into by our network team. 

Leanne.

@Leanne_T thanks for your response. Yes I have used the coverage checker and the it does not accurately show the status. I have reported the problem, as I have done previously as well; but have not been able to get this fixed. I have had a lot of friends move to other providers and I was giving it a last try before going the same way. This is a existing problem in the area as far as Riseley / Swallowfield and have received the same feedback from a lot of other people. I am willing to work with someone to provide the required evidence if only I can reach out to someone to whom I can demonstrate.

Leanne_T

Hi @raykau 

If you give us a call on 150, our technical support team can look into the area and report this to the relevant team if needed. 

Leanne.

@Leanne_T yes, I was in a call with 150 earlier this morning and they said there was no problem with the masts which i agree there are none, as it more of a capacity / coverage planning issue; I was pointed to this community following that conversation; is there an email address where I can outline the details to have this looked at?

Leanne_T

Hi @raykau 

Reporting this on the coverage checker or with our technical support team is the correct way for the network team to get this looked into, please continue to report the problem you are having and this will be investigated. 

Leanne.

@Leanne_T ok thanks will try that again then, but feel would not be able to go further as it will come back as no issues reported. 

bristolian
Legend
Legend

Lack of 5G itself shouldn't be a major concern, 4G is the base layer currently. Calls failing outdoors in areas of good coverage would be worrying, but network planners tend to have a pretty good idea of where problem areas are.

If you have the EE app, there is an option in there for logging & reporting coverage issues. That's the best method, it feeds directly into the internal planning tools.