Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signal dropping - Pontypridd area

welsha
Investigator
Investigator

Hi. 

I know a lot of people in the area have been complaining about this. More here; https://www.facebook.com/share/p/czwKNREiU2MhE8WG/. If it doesn't show, there are 75 people commenting saying they have been experiencing signal and call drops.

It's been ongoing for many months now. I have never experienced so many issues with EE in the 15-20 years I have been with them. I get My home text updates multiple times a week sometimes. Even when they say it's been fixed the signal is still dropping intermittently every single day for a few seconds at a time. It's like the mast experiences a very short power cut. My work phone which is EE is also doing the same thing. Calls will just drop off with no warning.

7 REPLIES 7
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @welsha,

Welcome back to the EE Community. 🙂

I'm sorry to hear you're having problems with your mobile signal.

Do the update texts state we are carrying out maintenance/upgrades in your area?

James

Hi James. No, just along the lines of the below. I've lost count of how many of these I have had in the last few months. Each time they state it's fixed but yet the signal drops occur daily at random intervals.

1000010602.jpg

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @welsha 

I am very sorry to hear you are having signal issues in this area. 

Have you reported the signal dropping after the work was completed on the coverage and status checker? 

If everyone impacted can report the problem the network team will investigate the area and keep you all updated. 

Leanne. 

Hi Leanne. I know a lot of the people who have commented on Facebook have said they are either phoning in or logging it on the checker but it still continues. Issue seems to be covering a wide area it seems. 

bristolian
Legend
Legend

There appears to be a recognised issue on the status page across a variety of Ponty postcodes.

Even selecting the specific locations of the 3 serving sites yields similar results, suggesting multiple issues here - all in-hand.

It's not an easy fault to find whatever the issue is judging by how many times they've claimed to have fixed and less than 24hrs it's happening again.

bristolian
Legend
Legend

There are scenarios where a snapshot view isn't always conclusive, and performance checks and/or stability monitoring is the only reliable test.