cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

People say that are calling my iPhone but that they just go to voice mail.

MikeVG
Explorer

This just seems to have happened recently. Yesterday and today 2 people have said they have called me up to 3 times and that their calls just went to voice mail. This is despite me have my iPhone next to me. The Iphone didn't ring either and there is no indication on the phone to show a missed call or voice mail message. However when a phone call was made from someone in my contacts it came through straight away. Please can anyone suggest a solution. I've followed various instructions from Apple i.e. check call forwarding is off and checked blocked callers.

Note I actually received a text message which said I had missed a call but this is not shown on my iPhone.

Thanks in advance, Mike

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@MikeVG  Mmmm. Ok   Is it just unknown callers who go straight to voicemail? 

I’ve just had a quick Google on this.   Try turning do not disturb on and then off and restart the device.   You can test this if you have another device at hand but you might need to turn off caller ID on that device if that number is within your phone book.  Or just delete that number temporarily to test. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@MikeVG   Do you have Silence Unknown Callers on ?  You’ll find this in Settings>Phone and scroll down 

if it’s on only callers in your phone book will ring your device and all other calls will go straight to voicemail 

Hi Chris. Thank you for responding so quickly. No I've checked and Silence Unknown callers is set to Off.

@MikeVG  Mmmm. Ok   Is it just unknown callers who go straight to voicemail? 

I’ve just had a quick Google on this.   Try turning do not disturb on and then off and restart the device.   You can test this if you have another device at hand but you might need to turn off caller ID on that device if that number is within your phone book.  Or just delete that number temporarily to test.