cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not registered on network

DRW14
Visitor

Since around beginning of November I have no mobile signal indoors, getting a message ‘Not registered on network’ when trying to make a call.

WiFi calling appears to work.

If I walk about 100 metres away from the house, then I can get a variable signal that might, or might not be sufficient to place a call/use data. Moving location significantly to what must be a different mast gives a reasonable signal for calls/data.

Over the intervening period I’ve had updates from EE stating there is a problem with the network and on 7/11 “taking longer than expected”, on 12/11 “further work over the next few days”, on 14/11 “taking longer than expected”, today “taking longer than expected”.

So, it appears this has been going on for at least the last 13 days.

Can anyone from EE give a proper explanation of the issue (it is clearly with the signal, not the phone) and a fixed date of when the issue will be permanently solved.

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
Schockwave
Community Hero
Community Hero

Hello @DRW14 ,

Welcome to the community,

Here in the forums, no one can give you an answer. Some issues can take sometime to fix, and this is why there is now wifi calling available if there is a problem, so that customers can make and receive calls and texts.

It really depends what the issue is, it also depends whether they have access to the site, as some landlords are not always forthcoming etc. You would have to speak to customer service, but not sure they will give out information as to what the issue is and probably cannot give you date when it will be fixed either.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.
bristolian
Legend
Legend

WiFi-calling isn't only provided to cover for network faults, it's for anytime you have indoor coverage issues.

There are innumerate reasons why a fault fix may be delayed - access issues are one but there's several others. Unfortunately the nature of these situations is that the estimated time given is a best guess based on several factors.

If you want to know further specifics on your local area, you would need to speak to EE-CS who may be able to check the individual fault case.