No signal

Alisasheinkman
Investigator
Investigator

Hi all, 

I have no signal at home at all and so pay 20 per months for nothing. I called EE a dozen of times, they claimed to update my network settings but that didn’t help at all. So I tried to cancel the contract as EE doesn’t provide me with the service I paying for. However, the cancellation fee is around 400£, which is rather ridiculous. 

I don’t usually write reviews and complaints but this time I simply don’t know what to do. 

12 REPLIES 12
EssexBoyEE
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Have you checked the coverage in your home area ?

ee.co.uk/status

If this is ok. Could well be s problem with your phone

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Alisasheinkman,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Are you only experiencing this issue inside your home?

Are you using WiFi Calling?

James

bristolian
Legend
Legend

Hi @Alisasheinkman 

The coverage & status checker includes the facility to check for, and report suspected network issues if you select "check network". I

If you're on pay-monthly with access to WiFi, you can use EE's WiFi-calling service anytime you have coverage problems, to use your phone for calls & texts as normal without any mobile network service.

No, sometimes in other places. It is just that it is especially frustrating to have this at home. 
No, I don’t use WiFi calling.

“Check network” was the was thing I did. It shows excellent network where I am based so this doesn’t help. 

WiFi calling doesn’t work for me 

I did. No, other sim cards work perfectly (I have 2 for different countries). I doubt it’s IPhone 12 Pro problem. 

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Alisasheinkman,

Have you reported the issue via the coverage checker?

What happens when you try to use WiFi Calling?

James

@Alisasheinkman wrote:

“Check network” was the was thing I did. It shows excellent network where I am based so this doesn’t help. 

It sounds like you're using the "check coverage" link for predicted coverage in your area.

If you use the "check network" link, this will take you to the "is there a problem" tool instead - this allows you to check for problems as well as report them.

I'm not clear from your post whether other EE users are having coverage problems in your locality, but this would be a good test of whether there is a network issue or your problems are likely to be device-related.

I did. Nothing happens. 
same for WiFi calling