Mast on Band 20

blitzerray
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Hello I was wondering why my phone wouldn't connect to a mast that was band 20 only and my phone is volte its the S20 ultra 5g, but my partner had an mate 20 pro and she could at the exact same mast?

6 REPLIES 6
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Hi @blitzerray 

Do you meet all the criteria for using EE 4G calling ? The most common reason would be that you're on PAYG which doesn't currently support VoLTE or VoWiFi.

blitzerray
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Yes on pay monthly unlimited volte works on other masts just not that one when the other phone did.

Is this a new EE site or one that's recently been made live? Have you recently restarted your phone?

If your phone uses VoLTE in other locations but not here, that would tend to suggest an issue specific to that site.

Without being too specific (this is a public forum), where are you? Are you in a rural or urban location?

blitzerray
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

No I just visited a rural site yesterday and yes its very rural up near glencoe its satelight backhauld so yes lol but I don't understand why one with volte connected and the other one with volte didn't both on the same pay monthly plan thats a new one even for me lol.

Satellite backhaul wouldn't, of itself, make any difference in this situation.

It may be that rebooting your device would have been enough for your phone to get signal there, it may be worth testing next time you're around Glencoe. There have recently been some new sites gone live around that area.

blitzerray
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Yep done that rebooted and reset network and turned airplane, thats why I can't understand it im just hoping its not the phone as it weren't cheap.