cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fluctuation Data Speed and Poor signal.

virgocl
Explorer

My mobile data speeds recently have been extremely poor. I currently pay for unlimited data and live in Dundee city centre. My data speeds fluctuate from a max of about 70mbs download speed on 5G to 8mbs upload speed.

However I only have these speeds for around 1 minute every twenty minutes as I spend the rest of the time with an awful 7mbs download and around 0.06mbs. this is extremely poor.

I have recently reached out to support and I have tried two replacement Sims in two different phones. I even have a Samsung s22+ that EE has recently sent out for repair to try and solve the solution however the fact it happens across all phones no matter the SIM and only on my own Sims / EE account leaves me extremely frustrated and unhopeful.

Another issue I am having is more often than not I will not have the EE logo at the top of my screen instead it will only say emergency calls only despite being on 4G/5G and full signal leaving me confused and my messages and calls do not send or go through. Sometimes it appears with EE error - 0 but not always.

Failed solutions I have tried include;

-Factory reset of both phones

-Replacement SIM cards

-Two different devices

-multiple speed tests from different sources and locations

-an in store diagnostic test from EE I can provide the full report if asked but the devices both passed every section apart from the battery draining faster than average on the s22+

-checked and tried every SIM port and insert method.

This leaves me extremely confused and annoyed as I pay almost £70 for my phone and plan that I can hardly use and when I can it's horrific any help at all or other methods I can try to solve the issue would be greatly appreciated. I know EE don't limit data usage but it feels like they are even though I pay for unlimited data or perhaps there is some sort of error on the EE side with my account.

Any replies or support would be greatly, greatly appreciated. Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @virgocl,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

I presume this would have already been reviewed by our technical support team, but just to double check, does the network status checker show any problems in your area?

James

Hey @James_B 

Yeah I have already tried the status checker and it showed that everything was perfectly fine with strong signal so I'm literally out of ideas.

Thank you for the quick response.

James_B
EE Community Support Team

No problem @virgocl

If the status checker isn't showing any problems in your area, I'd recommend getting back in touch with technical support. They are best placed to take a detailed look at your account and the mobile network performance in your location.

James

bristolian
Legend
Legend

@virgocl wrote:

Another issue I am having is more often than not I will not have the EE logo at the top of my screen instead it will only say emergency calls only despite being on 4G/5G and full signal leaving me confused and my messages and calls do not send or go through

This is potentially the underlying issue - if you have no indicated signal but "emergency calls only", then your phone appears to not be seeing any EE service but is picking up another operator. This would explain some of the symptoms you're seeing, such as being unable to make calls or send texts.

Does this happen in one specific location, or in multiple areas? If it's in more areas it would tend to suggest a phone fault, a single location could be network-related. Comparing with other EE users locally is the best way of identifying which.