cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coverage in Faversham

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Update: 20 April 2021

Thank you for the feedback that has been provided since the mast went on air. On the 15 April 2021, our engineers visited the site and completed performance improvements to the mast.

We have monitored performance since the improvements and full service has been restored to Faversham.

Update: 09 April 2021

Our engineers have completed building the equipment needed for the new mast and this has been integrated onto the network. The new mast is now on air, and we are monitoring performance in the area.

We would value your feedback on service over the past week in Faversham. To give feedback, please reply to this post.

Update: 05 March 2021

Our engineers have been working on building the equipment needed for the mew mast in Faversham. We have found the generator is not providing power to the site, and a replacement generator is required for us to integrate the mast onto the network and restore service to the area.

This equipment has been ordered, and we expect the mast to be on air by the end of March, barring any unforeseen delays.  

Update: 25 February 2021

Our engineers have started building the equipment needed for the new mast. The build had been slightly delayed due the late arrival of essential parts. After the equipment has been fully built we can start to integrate this onto the network.

We expect the mast to be on air within the next two weeks, barring any unforeseen delays.

We’re aware of a signal issue that is affecting some of our customers in Faversham.

Our site was located in an area which is being redeveloped. Unfortunately, this means that our equipment had to be removed.

We are working with the local council to install a new mast in the area. The deployment of this has suffered from some slight delays during 2020, because of various restrictions during the pandemic, but we expect this to be on air by the end of February, barring any unforeseen delays. 

We are sorry for any inconvenience caused. In the meantime, if you’re an EE pay monthly customer with a compatible phone you can use WiFi Calling to make and receive calls and texts over a WiFi connection.  

For details on how to set up this service, please see our WiFi calling help pages.

64 REPLIES 64

That's great, are you an EE customer or employee?

From a paying customer perspective, and there are several thousand of us in Faversham, this is not good enough from the UK's most expensive network.

We had service, and then we didn't.

Regarding stability of coverage, this tech is decades old, and not some dark art. Dress it up as much as you want, but it is a modular radio system. You just plug it in. No drama. The coverage the big players provide to festivals demonstrates this. Coverage when they get the PR and can be bothered....

So, please save your glib reassurances to people that expect a hair in their big Mac.

Leanne_T

Hi everyone. 

Our engineers have started building the equipment needed for the new mast. The build had been slightly delayed due the late arrival of essential parts. After the equipment has been fully built we can start to integrate this onto the network.

We expect the mast to be on air within the next two weeks, barring any unforeseen delays.

Leanne. 

Hi Leanna,

Some good news for once, I hope this means I can finally turn off wifi calling as it Really can't be relied on as a communication tool. I hope it is a quick and easy instal so it can be used before businesses are allowed to open and trade once again.

R-M
Investigator
Investigator

Spent a significant amount of time on the phone to EE 3 times now. Each time categorically been told that my postcode is in the "green area" and working fine, so no credit can be issued.

I have no service at home, or at my place of work in Faversham - resorting to WIFI calling.

I don't have the time, or patience to pursue this over the phone anymore. EE need to make a statement to outline their intentions for crediting those affected. This is heavily leaning towards an OFCOM complaint.

markish99
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

@R-M Completely agree.

For the last three months, customers have only been able to use their inclusive minutes utilising their broadband, so their own data connections - effectively subsidising EE.

Therefore, they have paid for three months service, that they have not had.

My consideration is the difference between handset repayment element and monthly bill amount - i.e. the amount paid to access EE and received inclusive minutes and data should be refunded for each of the three months.

This should be done for all EE subscribers whose bill address sits within the affected postcode.

Over to you @Leanne_T 

Leanne_T

Hi both, 

Thanks for posting. 

If you are affected by the mast being offline and would like to discuss your options, please get in touch with our Mobile Care team

Thanks.

Leanne.

Hi Leanne.

Thank you for the suggestion. I'd rather not, if that's OK?

I've spent hours on the phone, only to be confronted by the tech bulldog whom confirms that there is no problem.

markish99
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi @Leanne_T 

Thanks for your reply, it's good to hear from you again.

You addressed your response to "Hi Both", unfortunately, I think this probably affects not just myself and @R-M but probably more in the region of some 5,000 subscribers within the postcode.

I quote @R-M "I don't have the time, or patience to pursue this over the phone anymore. EE need to make a statement to outline their intentions for crediting those affected. This is heavily leaning towards an OFCOM complaint."

Shall I start singing "There's a hole in my bucket dear Liza, dear Liza"?

😂

Leanne_T

Hi @R-M @markish99

I've sent you a private message on the community for some further details.

Speak soon. 

Leanne. 

markish99
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi @Leanne_T 

Thanks for the response, I've received an email notification of a private message, but cannot find them....