cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tethering works until I download something.

crunchy101
Explorer

My plan is to use my 5G phone as my only source of internet. At home I ethernet tether my phone to my router. It works until I try and download something. The phones data connection then just stops, it has no internet till I restart the phone. Even doing a internet speed test causes it to fall over. Light browsing seems fine, downloads cause the data connection to die. The same thing happens with usb tethering.

I thought I had fixed it by adding "dun" to the Internet APN but it's happening again tonight. Any help would be appreciated!

3 REPLIES 3
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @crunchy101,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Do you see the same issue if you connect directly to your phone's hotspot?

James

crunchy101
Explorer

Thanks 🙂

I tried connecting to the hotspot but the connection is laughably bad. Something must be interfering with it.

I've just thought that the phone connection breaks on upload not download. The internet speed test downloads fine but then fails on the upload test. Bittorrents also cause the connection to fail as they upload as well as download. I then have to restart the phone to get a connection again.

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @crunchy101,

Our Technical Support Team will be happy to take a detailed look at this if you get in touch.

Thanks

James